Close Menu
21stNews21stNews

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Embracing Well-being: Nurturing Your Mind, Body, and Soul

    May 20, 2026

    Savour the Flavours: Exploring the Versatility of Couscous

    May 19, 2026

    Car renal in Morocco: how to save money

    May 19, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    Pinterest Facebook LinkedIn
    21stNews21stNews
    • Home
    • Moroccan News
    • Industry & Technologies
    • Financial News
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    21stNews21stNews
    Home»Financial News»Infantino Confirms Iran Will Play at World Cup Despite Ongoing War
    Financial News

    Infantino Confirms Iran Will Play at World Cup Despite Ongoing War

    By April 2, 20262 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Rabat – FIFA president Gianni Infantino has confirmed that Iran will participate in the 2026 World Cup, even as the country remains entangled in a war with the US.

    Infantino attended Iran’s friendly match against Costa Rica in Turkey on Tuesday, where he met with players, staff, and officials during his visit. 

    Speaking to AFP, he dismissed concerns about Iran’s participation and insisted that preparations remain on track.

    “Iran will be at the World Cup,” Infantino said. “That’s what we’re here for. The matches will be where they are supposed to be, according to the draw.”

    He also addressed the situation around the team.

    “I’ve seen the team, I’ve spoken to the players and the coach. So, everything’s fine,” he added. “We’re delighted because they are a very, very strong team.”

    Concerns over safety and location

    The situation around Iran’s participation has drawn attention in recent weeks. Earlier this month, Iranian Football Federation president Mehdi Taj said the team might not travel to the US, citing safety concerns.

    Statements linked to Iranian officials suggested that discussions had taken place with FIFA about moving matches to Mexico instead. 

    Iran are currently scheduled to play group-stage games in Los Angeles and Seattle, including games against Belgium, New Zealand, and Egypt.

    However, FIFA has not indicated any change to the schedule. A spokesperson said the organization remains in regular contact with all participating teams.

    “FIFA is looking forward to all participating teams competing as per the match schedule announced,” the statement said.

    The uncertainty comes amid the ongoing war in the Middle East, following strikes on Iran by the US and Israel on February 28.

    Despite the ongoing war, FIFA has maintained a clear position. The governing body does not plan to alter the tournament structure or hosting arrangements.

    Infantino also addressed the situation in a post on Instagram, where he congratulated Iran’s national team on qualifying for the tournament.

    “Football brings unity and hope, even in the most challenging circumstances,” Infantino wrote. “FIFA will continue to support the team to ensure the best possible conditions as they prepare.”

    He encouraged the players to continue representing their country and to “inspire their fans” on the global stage.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleMorocco Launches ‘Tarkhiss’ Platform to Digitize Health Product Regulation
    Next Article Greece Moves Toward Social Media Ban for Children Under 15

    Related Posts

    Financial News

    Barcelona Eye Bastoni as Inter President Acknowledges Transfer Interest

    May 4, 2026
    Financial News

    Digital Age Reshapes Boundaries at Rabat Book Fair

    May 4, 2026
    Financial News

    King Mohammed VI Urges Discipline, Spiritual Focus Among Moroccan Pilgrims

    May 4, 2026
    Top Posts

    How Google Gemini Helps Crypto Traders Filter Signals From Noise

    August 8, 202524 Views

    DeFi Soars with Tokenized Stocks, But User Activity Shifts to NFTs

    August 9, 202522 Views

    DC facing $20 million security funding cut despite Trump complaints of US capital crime

    August 8, 202522 Views
    News Categories
    • AgriFood (205)
    • Financial News (1,938)
    • Industry & Technologies (1,701)
    • Moroccan News (2,030)
    • Sports (1,314)
    Most Popular

    U.S. Strategic Revival, Multilateralism, and Minilateralism in Multiplex World

    January 30, 20263 Views

    Al Nassr Eye First-team Promotion for Cristiano Ronaldo Jr

    April 22, 20262 Views

    Iranian Patrol Boats Reportedly Fire on Oil Tanker in Strait of Hormuz

    April 18, 20262 Views
    Our Picks

    Morocco’s Tendrara Project Begins Commissioning as 1st Gas Enters System

    December 8, 2025

    Tamboran to acquire Falcon Oil & Gas in $172 million Beetaloo Basin deal

    September 30, 2025

    Barcelona Weigh €30 Million Rashford Deal as Decision Nears

    April 29, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    • Home
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    © 2026 21stNews. All rights reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version