Close Menu
21stNews21stNews

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Savour the Flavours: Exploring the Versatility of Couscous

    May 19, 2026

    Car renal in Morocco: how to save money

    May 19, 2026

    Unveiling the Urban Charms: Exploring Cities Around the Globe

    May 18, 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • About Us
    • Contact Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    Pinterest Facebook LinkedIn
    21stNews21stNews
    • Home
    • Moroccan News
    • Industry & Technologies
    • Financial News
    • Sports
    Subscribe
    21stNews21stNews
    Home»Moroccan News»Neymar Faces 5 to 12-Match Ban After Sexist Comments About Referee
    Moroccan News

    Neymar Faces 5 to 12-Match Ban After Sexist Comments About Referee

    By April 4, 20263 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Reddit Telegram Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Neymar is facing the possibility of a lengthy suspension of between five and 12 matches after allegedly making sexist and discriminatory remarks about referee Sávio Pereira Sampaio following Santos FC’s 2-0 win over Clube do Remo on April 3.

    The incident took place during a post-match interview at Vila Belmiro Stadium, after a Brazilian Série A game in which Neymar became frustrated with the officiating late in the game.

    According to Brazilian media reports, the Santos star, angered after receiving a yellow card in the closing stages, told reporters from SportTV and Globo that the referee had “woken up on his period;” The phrase was promptly denounced and condemned as sexist.

    The comment reportedly came after Neymar criticized what he described as the referee’s arrogance and refusal to engage in dialogue following a foul committed against him in the final minutes.

    The case is now expected to be reviewed by Brazil’s Superior Tribunal de Justiça Desportiva (STJD), which is likely to open a formal investigation into potential discriminatory conduct.

    Under current disciplinary precedents, Neymar could face a ban ranging from five to 12 matches, depending on the severity assigned to the remarks.

    🚨😳🇧🇷 Neymar Júnior is facing strong accusations of misogyny in Brazil after his controversial post-match comments following Santos vs Remo.

    “I think the referee got her period and that’s why she refereed like that.” pic.twitter.com/3CXCtYGehZ

    — Topskills Sports UK (@topskillsportuk) April 3, 2026

    Read also: Neymar Dropped for Brazil Friendlies, But Ancelotti Says ‘He Can Go to the World Cup If He’s 100%’

    A recent case may weigh heavily in the tribunal’s decision. Last month, defender Gustavo Marques of RB Bragantino was handed a 12-match suspension for making similarly sexist comments toward a female referee.

    That precedent has fueled speculation that Neymar could face a similarly severe punishment. Even before any disciplinary ruling, the 34-year-old is already ruled out of Santos’ next major matches.

    Because the yellow card he received against Remo was his third in four matches, Neymar is automatically suspended for the upcoming clash against CR Flamengo at the Maracanã Stadium.

    The controversy comes at a particularly delicate moment in his career. Neymar is currently trying to convince Carlo Ancelotti that he deserves a place in Brazil’s squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.

    A long suspension at this stage of the season could seriously damage his chances of being included in the final list for the tournament this summer.

    For both Santos and the Brazilian national team, the timing could hardly be worse.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleSaham Bank Posts Record Profits in First Full Year Without Société Générale
    Next Article Morocco Records MAD 74.8 Billion in Export Revenues Early 2026

    Related Posts

    Moroccan News

    Savour the Flavours: Exploring the Versatility of Couscous

    May 19, 2026
    Moroccan News

    Unveiling the Urban Charms: Exploring Cities Around the Globe

    May 18, 2026
    Moroccan News

    Exploring the Vibrant Heart of the City

    May 17, 2026
    Top Posts

    How Google Gemini Helps Crypto Traders Filter Signals From Noise

    August 8, 202524 Views

    DeFi Soars with Tokenized Stocks, But User Activity Shifts to NFTs

    August 9, 202522 Views

    DC facing $20 million security funding cut despite Trump complaints of US capital crime

    August 8, 202522 Views
    News Categories
    • AgriFood (205)
    • Financial News (1,938)
    • Industry & Technologies (1,701)
    • Moroccan News (2,029)
    • Sports (1,314)
    Most Popular

    U.S. Strategic Revival, Multilateralism, and Minilateralism in Multiplex World

    January 30, 20263 Views

    Al Nassr Eye First-team Promotion for Cristiano Ronaldo Jr

    April 22, 20262 Views

    Iranian Patrol Boats Reportedly Fire on Oil Tanker in Strait of Hormuz

    April 18, 20262 Views
    Our Picks

    Kyle Wickersham accounts for both Richmond touchdowns in 14-10 win over Wofford

    September 7, 2025

    Kohl’s (KSS) Q2 2025 earnings

    August 27, 2025

    Morocco’s Bouregreg‑Chaouia Basin Sees 82% More Rain Than Average Morocco’s Bouregreg‑Chaouia Basin Sees 82% More Rain Than Average

    February 20, 2026

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    • Home
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    © 2026 21stNews. All rights reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

    Go to mobile version