Rabat – Morocco’s prison authorities have denied claims of medical negligence following the death of an inmate who was held at the Ain Sebaa 1 Local Prison in Casablanca.
The prison administration released a statement saying that the inmate, identified as Z.Kh, died on Friday at Ibn Rochd University Hospital.
According to the statement, the inmate had been suffering from kidney failure and heart dysfunction. He had been transferred to the university hospital on February 2, where he remained under medical care until his death.
The prison administration said the statement was issued in response to what it described as false allegations circulating on social media. Some social media had notably attributed the inmate’s death to medical negligence inside the prison.
Officials strongly rejected these claims, stressing that the inmate had been receiving necessary medical attention. They explained that his health condition required specialized treatment at the hospital, which is why he had been transferred earlier in February.
The deceased inmate had been held in pre-trial detention at Ain Sebaa 1 Local Prison. During his lifetime, he faced charges that included forming a criminal gang, assault and battery, and drug trafficking.
Authorities said the clarification aims to correct misinformation and provide accurate details about the circumstances of the inmate’s death.
MWN with MAP


